Green Street Project was a Chicago-based, 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation, founded in 2004 and closed after completing its mission in 2010.
Partners and Supporters
Green Street Project received over $1 million of in-kind support and corporate donations to help us incubate and support community programs. Here is a sampling:
- Chicag Mayor's Office and Sean Harden, its (then) head of Faith and Community-Based Initiatives, co-founded the public-private sector Community Building Initiative with Green Street Project in autumn 2006. Sean Harden chaired the Community Building Initiative.
- Goldberg Kohn and principal Gerald Jenkins provide valuable business and legal counsel.
- Verizon Wireless, our official wireless and broadband provider, outfitted us with mobile telephone service, Blackberry devices and BroadbandAccess Air Cards so we can connect to anyone at anywhere and anytime.
- IBM provided us with robust computer servers and hardware to help Green Street Project and Openhill.com fulfill our pledge to provide website services to Chicago-area community projects.
- Elite Truck Rental provides us reliable trucks and vans to safely transport donated equipment.